Kayaking is a low risk outdoor activity with natural social separation. We are excited to be able to to what we love most, being on the water sharing our love of sea kayaking. To ensure the safety of you and our guides we have introduced a range of COVID safety measures, outlined below, including extra cleaning and hygiene protocols and updated our cancellation policy.
We have the following cancellation policies and COVID Safe Measures in place:
Hobart Day Tours COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
If you book directly with us, we offer the below flexible cancellation policy:
- No cancellation fees if you need to cancel due to COVID. This includes if you are unwell or if you have to change your travel plans due to flight changes or travel restrictions. We are able to move your booking to another day or provide you with a full refund. Please advise us as soon as possible prior to your departure so that we have an opportunity to re-sell your places.
- For non-COVID related cancellations our normal cancellation policy applies. We reserve the right to charge 100% for cancellations within 24 hours of departure.
- We are unable to provide transfers or refunds if you do not show up for your tour.
Please note that if you book through a third-party website or travel agent, they impose their own cancellation policies and restrictions and you will need to contact them direct.
Multiday Kayaking Tour Cancellation Policy
- Bookings cancelled more than 60 days prior to departure will be charged a fee of $400.
- Bookings cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure will be charged 50% of the trip cost.
- Bookings cancelled inside 30 days prior to departure will be charged the full value of the booking. No refund will apply.
- We will refund you if you need to cancel due to Government border closure in your home state, or Tasmanian Government border closures.
- Roaring 40s Kayaking strongly recommends that you obtain suitable Travel Insurance at the time you book to cover any cancellations as well as your non-refundable $400 booking deposit. Note that not all travel insurances cover COVID illness cancellations so also ensure you read the Product Disclosure Statements to make sure you are fully covered. We recommend Covermore Travel Insurance.
Our COVID-Safe measures include:
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of our kayaks, equipment, buses and facilities is performed, focusing on high touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitiser is provided on all tours, on buses and inside our premises for staff.
- Masks must be used when travelling in our bus.
- All guests much check-in using the Tas Check-in app.
- Staff have been directed not to come to the workplace if they are unwell.
Your responsibility as a guest
It is essential that you do not participate in our tours if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- are waiting for the results of a COVID test
- are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19
- have recently been in a declared COVID-19 hotspot
- are required to quarantine under a Public Health Order
- are feeling unwell or display flu-like symptoms
We also ask you ensure you practice good personal hygiene during your tours, follow the directions of our staff and comply with our COVID-Safe measures.